In the 2nd edition of our FAQ Friday series, we dive into find more answers to some of the most frequently asked truck driving questions we receive in our email box each week. Let's get into it...
This Week's Trucking FAQs
- Do I need a Class A CDL prior to attending truck driving school?
- No. You don't need a Class A CDL prior to attending truck driving school. In fact, PAM Transport offers free CDL training that will help you learn the skills needed to get your Class A CDL.
- You can learn more about it here.
- How long does it take to complete your training?
Our company paid Class A CDL training program typically lasts 3-4 weeks During training, you'll learn the ins and outs of trucking. From the pre-trip inspection, to backing and parallel parking, to getting actual experience on the road, we've got everything you need to know covered.
It's a proven process that we've developed in over 25 years of service, and has helped over 25,000 people get their start in trucking!
- What are the requirements for truck driving school?
- The basic requirements for a person to be eligible for truck driving school are: 22 years of age, have held a valid US driver's license for the last 12 months, no DWI/DUI in the last 5 years, and no 20+ mph over speeding violations in the last 3 years.
- More information on those requirements here.
- How do I get started?
- Getting started with us is simple, all you have to do is complete an online application. Doing so will allow you to schedule a time to speak with a representative, who will answer any questions you may have about the job and CDL training opportunities currently available in your area.
If you have any questions about job opportunities, CDL training, or truck driving in general, please message us on Facebook. We encourage you to ask anything you might be wondering, because the chances are somebody else is wondering the same thing too!
Want to Get Started Trucking?
Driver Solutions can help you get the Class A CDL training you need to become a truck driver. Start your career now and you could be on the road making up to $50,000 in just the first year! Just take a few moments to complete our online driver application now.