There are 6 simple steps to follow when pursuing a truck driving career. The ways to earn your CDL License and become a professional truck driver are within reach for anyone and everyone who is interested. If you’re willing to commit and put in the work, you can be on the road driving a big rig before you know it.
Here are 6 steps to get you on your way to truck driving success:
- Research. Research the requirements and all the details about earning your CDL License. It is important to go into this knowing exactly what to expect.
- Send in your application to speak with one of our friendly recruiters and get set up to start school at our nearest location. New classes start each Monday.
- Once you speak with a recruiter and decide this is something you want to pursue, head to the license branch and get your CDL permit. This will put you one step ahead when your first week of school rolls around. If you have any questions along the way, feel free to call your recruiter with any of them.
- Start the first day of your CDL training classes. Pay attention and ask questions, this is the time to learn and retain information that will help you in your truck driving career.
- Finish your training and get your time slot reserved to take your CDL License exam. Pass your exam and earn your CDL License!
- Hit the road with your mentor. Once your time with your mentor is up, you are out on your own with the potential of earning up to $60k in your first year!
Get started now, apply with us to speak with one of our friendly Driver Agents today!