Wondering what you should bring with you on your Driver Trainer's Truck?
If you've completed truck driving school and are preparing for over-the-road (OTR) training, you'll definitely want to watch this video from a PAM Transport Mentor. Just press PLAY to see an overview on exactly what you DO and DON'T want to bring.
WATCH: What To Bring With You On Your Driver Trainer's Truck
To give you a quick checklist, here's an overview of what you should and shouldn't bring with you (as mentioned in the video)...
What You SHOULD bring with You on Your Driver Trainer's Truck
- work boots - waterproof
- shower shoes
- safety vest - orange or yellow
- a couple of week's worth of clothes (socks, underwear, t-shirts, jeaans, shorts, etc.)
- small backpack as your "go bag"
- company provided training materials
- pillow (or two), sleeping bag, blanket and sheet
- hat and sunscreen
- small amount of non-perishable foods
What NOT to Bring on Trainer's Truck
- CB radio and antenna
- refrigerator or big ice chest
- gaming system - Playstation or Xbox
- don't bring your whole shoe collection
- no unapproved medications
- no alcohol or drugs
- Toolbox or spare parts
Remember, your goal should be to fit everything into one large bag and a small backpack - no large 7 piece luggage sets! Your Driver Trainer will likely be more than willing to stop at a Wal-Mart or somewhere similar to pick up anything you might have forgotten.
We hope you find this information helpful as you begin your truck driving career. If you have any questions about OTR training or what to bring wiith you, please let us know in the comments below.
Ready to Hit the Road? Apply Today
Just like we helped Chad get rolling, Driver Solutions can help you get the CDL training you need to become a truck driver. Start your career now and you could be on the road making up to $50,000 in just the first year! Just take a few moments to complete our online driver application now.