About 15 years ago, Jason Spicer began his trucking career by choosing to work with Driver Solutions and PAM Transport. After a bit of time away from PAM to work with his father, he rejoined the fleet in 2014, and hasn't looked back since.
We recently had the chance to talk with Jason to pick his brain about his secrets for long-term trucking success....
Meet Jason Spicer
- Why did you want to become a truck driver?
- My dad drove for a lot of years, and it was something I always thought maybe I wanted to do. As I got older, I started really loving to travel and trucking seemed like a good way to do that and make great money too, so I called Driver Solutions.
- How was training with C1 and Driver Solutions?
- Driver Solutions set me up with C1 and the process was super easy. C1 was a whirlwind, but a lot of fun. I learned a lot and made some great connections with guys I still keep up with today.
- What were you doing before truck driving?
- I was a sales manager at a major retailer, and was laid off when they changed their pay structure. Between that and trucking, I was working two jobs as a telemarketer and just not making ends meet.
- What’s the coolest place you’ve ever hauled to?
- I delivered to a small market on the coast outside of Seattle. That was an amazing trip. I learned first hand how awe inspiring it is when "the mountain is out" when I saw Mt. Rainier from the city.
- What’s your experience been like with PAM?
- PAM has been amazing. I started with PAM after C1, and worked there for three years before my dad talked me into working with him. I came back in 2014 because PAM respects me as a driver, they care about my family and give me the flexibility to care for my wife, and the pay has been great.
- Biggest piece of advice you would give to new truck drivers?
- Pick a company and stick it out. It's going to have bad days, even bad weeks, but I promise it's worth it. Stay safe and get your experience and this industry will take great care of you.
Want to Get Started Just Like Jason?
Driver Solutions can help you get the CDL training you need to become a truck driver. Start your career now and you could be on the road making up to $50,000 in just the first year! Just take a few moments to complete our online driver application now.comments powered by Disqus