With 2015 in the rearview mirror, we’ve got our sights set on making 2016 our best year yet at Driver Solutions! This time of year usually has a lot of us asking ourselves, “What changes do I want to see happen to better myself?"
Bringing in the New Year isn't just a time for you to flip your calendar to a new year. It's also a time to bring in a new you. YOU get a fresh start...if YOU want it. It's a time for new beginnings, where you can set new goals and have the changes you want to make in your life start to happen. You could choose to make big or small changes, and can aim to set goals both personally and professionally. You have the choice in what you want to do, and you are the one who chooses how you want to go about achieving your goals. For us as a whole, we want to work to keep getting better in all aspects of what we do in helping people achieve their dreams of starting a great new career as a truck driver.
One of the toughest parts about New Year's Resolutions is to see them through for the entire year. Even early on in the year, it's easy to get sidetracked or forget what you've set out to do. So in order to help you achieve your 2016 goals, we thought we'd share a few great tips on how to see them through:
Sticking to Your Resolutions
- Set Short Term Goals - Keep some short term goals to help you reach and keep track of your larger ones.
- Write Down Your Goals (and share them) - This will help you hold yourself accountable. You can ask for feedback, advice, or maybe even gain a partner in whatever you might be trying to do.
- Create Momentum - Set a few goals that might be easier to reach than others. It’ll help get the ball rolling on your harder to reach goals.
- Pick Your Game Changer - Ask yourself what significant action needs to be taken that will help you achieve your goal.
- Get Some “Skin in the Game” - Think about creating consequences for not reaching your goals.
- Nudge Yourself - Periodically remind yourself of the goals you set.
As you bring in the new year, we encourage you to set new goals and find a way to see them through. You can always do something better or improve yourself in some way that will ultimately lead you to a happier, healthier life. Maybe that means you want to start a new, rewarding career rather than continue to work at your regular job. If that's the case, look no further and apply with Driver Solutions today! We'll connect you with a premier truck driving school near you to have you prepared for a successful career in the transportation industry.
Start Your Resolution Today
Are you looking for your start in the trucking industry? Let Driver Solutions help you! In over 25 years, we’ve helped over 25,000 people get their careers on the road rolling. We’d love to do the same for you as you begin a new year, and start a new you. View our open jobs by clicking below.