When considering a truck driving career, there are some factors you need to take a look at when it comes to CDL training. One of the most important decisions you will have to make is choosing between whether or not you want to pay your way through training, which can cost upwards of $6,000, or opt to go through a company sponsored CDL training program. Let's take a look at the 4 benefits of company sponsored CDL training and why you might want to consider that option.
What is Company Sponsored CDL Training?
Company Sponsored CDL Training programs are programs that connect new truck drivers with carrier companies that will pay your tuition to go to truck driving school. As long as you work for that company for 12 months after successfully completing training, you don’t have to pay a dime of tuition. It's a great way to help you get your start in trucking if you wouldn't otherwise be able to. Having your CDL opens up a world of opportunities in the trucking industry, and company paid CDL training can help make those opportunities possible.
Benefits of Company Paid CDL Training
Company paid CDL training has many advantages over paying your own way through trucking school, such as:
- No Tuition Costs - As long as you work for the company that sponsors you for a year after training, you won’t have to pay any tuition fees.
- Job Opportunity Upon Completion - Not only do companies sponsor you to get your CDL, but as a part of the deal they have a job opportunity for you upon your successful completion of training.
- Gives You Experience - Getting a job can be extremely difficult in the trucking industry. A lot of companies look for truckers with experience. But with company sponsored CDL training, companies hire you to drive for them, giving you the valuable experience you need on the road.
- It’s a Proven Process - Driver Solutions has a process that has proven to be successful for over 25 years. We’ve helped over 25,000 people in that time get their trucking careers started the right way. We call our method the “Driver Solutions Way.”
The Driver Solutions Way
In 5 simple steps, we set you up for a successful career on the road:
- Submit an online application
- Begin by reviewing the trucking career information, check out the trucking opportunities offered by our partner trucking companies, then complete the online application.
- Speak with a Driver Solutions recruiter
- A recruiter will guide the applicant thru the entire process - from identifying a sponsor company to making the arrangements to begin CDL school. You've got questions and our recruiters have the answers.
- Choose a partner trucking company sponsorship
- The recruiter will assist an applicant with selecting the best sponsorship opportunity and handle all of the arrangements.
- Attend the sponsored CDL training program
- Our training program takes place in about 3 to 4 weeks at select truck driving schools and includes both classroom and behind-the-wheel training.
- Begin trucking career
- After CDL school, new drivers will begin phase 2 of training: paid on-the-job training with an experienced driver. Drivers who complete this phase are upgraded to "first seat" drivers ready to hit the road.
Interested in Company Sponsored CDL Training? Apply Today!
Driver Solutions can help you get the CDL training you need to become a truck driver. Start your career now and you could be on the road making up to $50,000 in just the first year! Just take a few moments to complete our online driver application now.