THESE are the top reasons to become a trucker!
There are a lot of PROS to becoming a truck driver as well as some cons, but if the pros outweigh the cons, there is no better time than now to become a trucker. Not only are truck drivers relied on daily by so many, but they are also essential workers. Even in a global pandemic truck drivers have kept working and are appreciated now more than ever.
Be sure to weigh the pros and cons of getting into the trucking industry, it ultimately is up to YOU and YOUR FAMILY to decide what is best. Here are some videos from our veteran Truckers G, Wayne, Glenn, Chad, and Bonafide Trucker about reasons they got into truck driving...
Reasons To Become A Truck Driver
Top 3 Benefits of Being a Truck Driver
Should I Become a Truck Driver? Matt from Bonafide Trucking
Here's Why You Should Be a Team Truck Driver
Top Reasons To Become A Truck Driver
- Freedom - You will have the freedom to make your own schedule. You can decide when to stop, sleep, drive, etc. as long as you drop your load off at the correct time.
- Travel - You will get to travel the U.S. and potentially see states you never thought you would. With being able to make your own schedule, you may be able to take some time to sightsee and tour new places.
- Pay - Once you get some experience up your sleeve, the pay increases will start rolling in.
- Job Security - 2020 was a year that proved how essential truckers are to the economy. The simple fact remains, truck drivers will always be needed. You will never be out of a job as a truck driver.
Why You Should Try Out Team Truck Driving
- More Miles - When you are team driving, you are able to drive more miles per week. More miles = more money!
- Schedule - You can make a great schedule and decide who prefers to drive at night or during the day to keep rolling throughout the weeks.
- Trucker Pay - When you are a solo driver just starting out, you are at the lowest pay scale. As a team, you will be earning 20-25% more money than solo.
- Extra Person - When you do team driving like Trucker Chad said, you will have someone there to help with backing, trip planning, navigating options in Qualcomm, as well as splitting the costs of some items for the truck.
All of the above reasons should be thought about, as well as some cons to trucking, before fully diving into the industry. If you decide to get into trucking, you will not be disappointed!
When you're ready to take the leap, join our program at Driver Solutions. We offer a sponsored CDL training program, with little upfront costs to you. Why not take a leap with one of the best truck driver recruiting companies! To get started, fill out an application here.