In 2010, Driver Solutions helped over 2,400 people begin new truck driving careers. Throughout the year, we had the opportunity to talk with a lot of these people as they were coming through our truck driver training program. We asked them to give us feedback on things they were learning during their time at training and what they were looking forward to the most about starting a new career. We also asked what they were doing before they started training and why they wanted to get into truck driving in the first place.
Throughout the year, we collected quite the list of reasons people decide to get into truck driving. We anticipate many of these reasons will stay the same heading into 2011, so here we go...
The Top 10 Reasons To Start A Trucking Career in 2011
- I am looking to find a stable career.
- I want to provide more for my family.
- Truck driving is in my blood.
- Truck drivers are in demand and companies are hiring NOW.
- My current job is headed toward a dead end.
- I like the idea of getting to travel the country.
- I want some freedom in my job, not a boss breathing down my neck all day.
- I feel like I am helping others by delivering the things we all want and need.
- The training time is only 3 weeks and the company sponsored training option allows me to start without the upfront tuition costs.
- I've always thought about being a truck driver and the timing is finally right.
So, there you have it. These are some of the more common reasons people decide to start trucking career. If you have find yourself saying some of these same things, it's worth it to complete our online application to see if we can help you make a chance in 2011.