How To Start A Trucking Career
Driver Solutions has developed a process that makes starting a new trucking career easy. We like to call it "The Driver Solutions Way." It all starts with completing an online application and following the simple steps outline below.
5 Simple Steps To New Trucking Career
- Submit an online application
- Begin by reviewing the Trucking Career information, check out the trucking opportunities offered by our partner trucking companies, then complete the online application.
- Speak with a Driver Solutions recruiter
- A recruiter will guide the applicant thru the entire process - from identifying a sponsor company to making the arrangements to begin CDL school. You've got questions and our recruiters have the answers.
- Choose a partner trucking company sponsorship
- The recruiter will assist an applicant with selecting the best sponsorship opportunity and handle all of the arrangements.
- Attend the sponsored CDL training program
- Our training program takes place in about 3 to 4 weeks at select truck driving schools and includes both classroom and behind-the-wheel training.
- Begin trucking career
- After CDL school, new drivers will begin phase 2 of training: paid on-the-job training with an experienced driver. Drivers who complete this phase are upgraded to "first seat" drivers ready to hit the road.
Ready to Start a New Career?
To find the job opportunity that's right for you, complete the online application and speak with a recruiter. We'll take care of the rest.