It's never really too late to explore a career in trucking. Several truckers that attend our truck driver training have tried other careers that were not for them and decided to pursue a job in trucking. Some people are just wanting a change of pace, while others really enjoy the traveling aspect of trucking and want to "see the road."
Here are some more reasons for choosing a trucking career:
- Truck driving is one of the highest-paying new careers around - new drivers can make up to $37,000, and with a couple years of experience can earn over $50,000.
- Entry level truck driving opportunities require a short training period - not months or years.
- Job stability - truck drivers are always in demand.
- There are approximately 1.4 million trucking companies in the U.S.
- The U.S. is experiencing a shortage of truck drivers.
- This shortage is expected to continue through at least 2014.
- Trucking provides a wide variety of opportunities and career choices.
- Truck driving is consistently ranked as the one of the fastest-growing professions by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
No matter your reason for wanting to get started with a career in trucking, you are going to need to get a CDL license. Driver Solutions can help you get that CDL license through our truck driving school and trucking training program. This can be done in about 3 weeks through our company paid CDL training program. At the end of that time, we can place you into a pre-arranged job opportunity with USA Truck or PAM Transport.
If you decide that now is the time for you to explore options with a career in trucking, just click on the apply now button to complete our online trucking application.