We just finished up some interviews with students currently in CDL training. They gave us great feedback on the Driver Solutions program and offered up advice for those readers that are just now getting started with training.
Here are the 2 pieces of advice that came up most frequently:
- Listen To Your CDL Instructors
- Study, Study, Study the Pre-Trip Inspection
So, why did these students decide to start a trucking career?
- One student had been riding with her husband (a truck driver) for a year and decided it was time to get her own CDL
- Another student had been looking for a stable career to get into after living paycheck to paycheck
- Still another student was working for close to minimum wage and after a year of not advancing was ready to get a new career started
- And there was even one student that has wanted to be a truck driver ever since he was 5 years old
These are all common reasons considering a truck driving career. If you've been thinking about becoming a truck driver, just complete our application by clicking this link or on the Apply Now button in this post. This will allow you to schedule a time to speak with a Driver Agent about your options.