Lately, more people than ever have been turning to truck driving jobs. The trucking industry is one of the few that has remained stable during this economic recession, making it highly desirable and leading to an increased number of individuals pursuing driving jobs. In addition to this, there are a few more popular reasons as to why more and more people are making the choice to begin trucking jobs. Watch this short video on the top five reasons why truck driving is a great career choice.
- Truck driving jobs offer fair pay. As an entry level truck driver, you have the potential to make up to $50,000 in your first year. This is a great salary for a position that requires no previous experience. The trucking industry’s fair entry level pay attracts many hourly employees who would otherwise have to work several years to earn such a salary. With Driver Solutions, you can get CDL training quickly and get on the road to bringing home a solid paycheck.
- The trucking industry is moderated by multiple laws and regulations. There are many laws and regulations associated with trucking that go on behind the scenes. The general public is completely unaware of most of these. For example, truck drivers must pass the Department of Transportation (DOT) physical, a medical examination that all CDL holders must take to ensure they meet the physical requirements necessary for driving an 18-wheeler. The amount of hours that a trucker can drive is also governed by the DOT to ensure that they remain alert and well-rested when they are behind the wheel.
- There is ample opportunity for advancement in the trucking industry. Once you get that first year of experience under your belt, you can choose from many different career paths in the trucking industry! Many drivers decide to become trainers, dispatchers, or fleet managers after they've spent some time OTR. Just remember that trucking is like any other industry - you must get some experience before you can advance to higher and more sought after positions within the company.
- Trucking is a stable industry. As long as there's a need for cargo, there's a need for truck drivers to deliver that cargo. Many drivers have previously worked in unstable industries like construction and decide they want the more regular, weekly paychecks that a career in trucking offers. The high demand for truck drivers makes it a great career choice.
- A career in truck driving offers good benefits. A full time trucking career offers great employment benefits like medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401k plans. The truth is, many other entry-level or hourly jobs don't offer the perks and benefits that a truck driving job does, making these positions highly desirable among those who have or are looking to start a family in the near future.
Interested in pursuing a truck driving job? Click the Apply button above to get started.